8.14.2012

I Love The View From Here

Here's a layout I made for my Trendspotting class that I'm currently taking at Studio Calico...

I used one of my favorite photos from our Florida trip as my inspiration for this layout.  The picture was taken while we were eating at a local Destin seafood spot, The Back Porch.  I think the colors in the photo are just AMAZING!


For this assignment, we had to use an ombre effect on our project.  I took the little notebook paper pocket that came in my August SC kit and used three different shades of Mister Huey's Color Mists on it to create the effect.


The "HERE" arrow is a Silhouette cut file I purchased a while back.  


Here's a better shot of the ombre effect on the paper pocket that I used to hide my journaling tag.  I also used some Mister Huey's to brighten up a few of the SC wood veneers I used on my layout.

Hope you're having a great day!  Thanks for looking :)


2 comments:

  1. I really lke the clusters of elements around your photo. Brings alot of attention to the photo yet adds so much fun the the whole event.
    Need to catch up on some of my assignments.
    ~j

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jamie! I had a lot of fun with this layout :) xo

      Delete