12.07.2015

Tree Story *The Cut Shoppe*

Happy Monday, everyone!

I'm so excited to be a guest designer over at The Cut Shoppe today!  I created this layout using The Totally Triangles cut file and made the triangles look like trees for a little festive flair...


I was so inspired by the photo of my daughter helping me hang ornaments on our Christmas tree last year that I decided to use different patterned paper pieces to back some of the triangles along a horizontal line across my page.  


Next, I added several epoxy glitter stars from Freckled Fawn to make the triangles look more like Christmas trees after I stitched the cut file down using my sewing machine and some white thread.
 

I typed my journaling on a die cut tag and layered it on top of the set of trees at the bottom that I cut apart from the original cut file.


Even though this page is fairly simple in design, adding the patterned paper pieces really made a statement and changed the whole look of the cut file! 


I want to thank Ashley and The Cut Shoppe for having me as a guest designer today! Thanks for stopping by and be sure and check out my post on The Cut Shoppe Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment