4.13.2016

Funny Friends and A Project Life Insert *Hip Kit Club*

Hey everyone! 

It's Friendship Week and I'm sharing a layout I created using the last of my March 2016 Hip Kits, along with a Project Life insert using some of my favorite vacation photos and the new April 2016 Hip Kits over on the Hip Kit Club blog!

First up I have a layout that I created celebrating my daughter and my nieces adorable and very comical friendship...

funnyfriends1

I used items from the March 2016 Hip Kits for this layout and started by layering a few leftover criss cross cut file pieces on top of some white card stock that I painted three yellow boxes on using the Shimmerz Crazy Daisy watercolor paint that's available in the March 2016 Color KitI love how the yellow paint makes the striped criss cross cut files pop!

funnyfriends2

Next, I layered my photos on top of the Just Dream Fanstasy exclusive HKC patterned paper that was designed by Kim Watson and adhered them to my page using some foam adhesive dots for a little extra dimension. I cut the speech bubble out of one of the journaling cards in the March 2016 Project Life Kit and used it for my journaling and added my title "Funny friends" using the Maggies Holmes Thickers and the "friends" sentiment from the BasicGrey Saturday Morning Cork Sticker Sheet (both available in the March 2016 Main Kit).

funnyfriends3

I made several different sized circles using some punches and the Just Dream Carefree patterned paper and placed them randomly around my page to mimic confetti. I also placed two of the Elle's Studio Little Moments Die Cuts from the March 2016 Project Life Kit on one of my photos and in one of the confetti clusters for a pop of black and accented them with some of the BasicGrey enamel dots and black ink splatters.

funnyfriends4

Next up I have a Project Life insert that I created using the April 2016 Project Life Kit and photos from my recent wedding anniversary trip to Bora Bora to share with you!

PLinsert1

I used my favorite photos from our trip that I edited in Photoshop Elements and several of the exclusive PL cards from the April 2016 Project Life Kit that were designed by Kim Watson and Kimberly Hutchison. I embellished the cards using items from the PL kit such as the My Mind's Eye Wood Veneer Shapes, Enamel Dots, and some of the Shimelle Star Shine Phrase and Alphabet Stickers.

PLinsert3

I used some Pinkfresh Studio items as well and I really like the dimension the Life Noted Epoxy Stickers give my spread without adding lots of bulk. I also added a few strips of the Amy Tangerine Better Together Washi Tape and criss-crossed it on top of a few of my photos for a fun twist.

PLinsert4

I added the "GoSeeDo" acetate word phrase that's also from Pinkfresh Studio and available in the April 2016 Main Kit and layered it on top of one of the 4x6 PL cards after I cut the card in half to fit into the 3x4 pocket and placed one of the My Mind's Eye Wood Veneer Shape heart stickers in the "o".

PLinsert5

And here's a look at the other side of my PL insert...

PLinsert2

It was hard to narrow down the photos that I wanted to include in this insert since I took over 1,000 on our trip, but I'm also going to make a hardcover photo book for our coffee table so I managed to pick out the photos that I thought gave the best overview of our trip.

PLinsert7

PLinsert6

I kept the overall design of this side much like the other one and used a few of the Amy Tangerine Better Together rub-ons from the April 2016 Main Kit to embellish the PL cards  from the Project Life Kit and a couple of my photos.

PLinsert8

I've been meaning to add these photos from our trip to my Project Life album for quite some time now and using the April 2016 Project Life Kit made it so easy to complete! Thanks so much for dropping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment