11.12.2016

Hello Adorable Girl *Shimmerz*

Hello!

I'm here today with a simple and easy background idea using some Texturez and Vibez paints from Shimmerz that I used to create this layout that I shared on the Shimmerz blog yesterday...


I started by choosing my favorite colored Texturez paste and a stencil. I used a piece of white cardstock for my background paper, but this could also be done on patterned paper or vellum as well. 


I placed my stencil on top of the white cardstock and adhered it by using a little washi tape. Next, I used a small spatula to add The Tide That Binds Texturez paste on top of the stencil. I did this twice...once at the top of my page and then again at the bottom, reversing the stencil. 


After the Texturez paste dried, I spritzed a few areas around my page using some Razzledazzle Berry Vibez spray ink. And there you have it...a simple and easy background! 


I added photos of my daughter from this past Halloween to my page and used lots of items from the Cute Girl collection by Crate Paper for my embellishments.


I love how I captured her Halloween costume (a unicorn) on this page without using any orange or any of your typical Halloween-inspired colors.


I also added a few circles that I created for a previous Shimmerz post around my page to add some color pop and texture.


Shimmerz Paints Used: Texturez - The Tide That Binds; Vibez - Razzledazzle Berry

I love using Shimmerz items to create fun and easy backgrounds for my layouts! It helps me experiment with colors and ideas and helps me push my creativity a bit further, too. 

Thanks so much for joining me today...I hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment